How to get a wallet of crypto-currencies ?
You want to get a wallet of crypto-currencies, but you don’t know how to do it. We can therefore offer you a guide to help you get there without any problem.
The different types of online wallet
Before you get a portfolio online, you need to define what type of wallet you want. There are several kinds. Here are some of their main features…
- You will find online wallet classic that will not allow you to receive, send and store your crypto-currency. These online software will not allow you to buy or sell crypto-currencies. However, they have another advantage as they are much more secure, especially because you can generate your own private keys. They are also a little complex to use, so that they will not be appropriate for people starting out with the crypto-currency. Among the many purse online classic available, we recommend that you use Electrum, which is still the most lightweight and simple of all.
- You will also find platforms more versatile, such as Coinbase, BitBay or Binance that will allow you to do a lot more things. You can not only use the wallet available on the platform, but you will also be able to transact in crypto-currencies. They are, however, less secure. It is for this reason that we advise you to do the maximum to maximize the security of your account, including choosing a complex password and opting for a second safety.
How to get an online wallet
If you opt for a wallet in the classical line, you need to register and download it. However, some software can be quite heavy as they contain the blockchain in its entirety. For installation, you’ll simply have to follow the different steps of the installation. However, once it has completed, you will need to generate an address to be able to receive, send and store your crypto-currency.
If you use a general purpose platform such as Coinbase, BitBay or Binance, you just need to register on the interface in question before you validate your account and to verify your identity. Once that is done, it only remains for you to visit your profile in order to generate a new address in the wallet. As for the online portfolio, you should keep this address to store your crypto-currency, as well as for your various transactions.
Some interesting features
However, some online wallet offer features that can bring a real added value. For example, several online wallets offer a mobile phone version that will allow you to use it even while on the go. However, the smartphone applications are generally not as secure as the desktop version. We therefore recommend that you only use this option only for small amounts. Another interesting possibility is the currency exchange service built-in that will allow you to easily exchange your crypto-currencies.
What you must remember
- Before you get a wallet online, you must choose the type of portfolio you want.
- It is simple enough to install and handle, especially if you use a general purpose platform.
- Be sure to take a look at the various features available on some of the wallet.