How to send Litecoin (LTC) on Coinbase ?
You have decided to use Coinbase to send the Litecoin, but you don’t know how it works ? No problem, you are able to do by following our step by step guide.
Your registration on Coinbase
To use Coinbase to send the Litecoin, you must first create an account on this platform. However, this is really not complicated. You simply have to follow different steps. To get started, enter your name, your first name and your email address. You also need to set your password. However, because of the risks of piracy, we recommend that you choose a complex password. Once this is done, you will receive an e-mail containing a link that will allow you to validate your registration. You will then be prompted to indicate whether you are an individual or a company. Finally, you will need to give your mobile phone number and enter the code that you received via SMS.
The verification of your identity
Although your account is validated, you can not still take full advantage of Coinbase. For this, your identity needs to be verified. Once again, nothing complicated since you only have to provide proof of identity in progress of validity. You have the choice of your identity card, your passport and your driving licence. To do this, you can proceed in two ways :
- you take a photo of it so that you keep your proof of id to hand. The picture can be taken with your webcam or with your mobile phone ;
- you can send it by posting a photocopy of the front and back of your proof of identity directly on the site.
There are several ways to buy Litecoin. For example, you can buy directly on the platform, using your credit card or paying by bank transfer. But you can also transfer to it from another platform or online portfolio. Finally, it is possible to obtain free of charge thanks to the blasting.
Send Litecoin via Coinbase
As soon as your litecoins are on Coinbase, you can send them on another account. To do this, you must go to your account and select the crypto-currency that you want to send, in the case of Litecoin. You will then need to specify the address of the recipient of your shipment. Please note, however, that a shipment of litecoins is irreversible, which means that if you send so that the recipient’s address is erroneous, your litecoins will be simply lost. We recommend that you add it by doing a copy-and-paste. It only remains for you then to choose the number of litecoins you want to send before you complete the transaction.
What you must remember
- Before you can send the Litecoin via Coinbase, you will need to create an account on this platform. You will also need to prove your identity.
- You also need to ensure that you have the litecoins that you want to send from your account to Coinbase.
- Please check the address of the recipient when you make a consignment : a transfer of litecoins being irreversible, if you make a mistake in the recipient’s address, your Litecoin will be simply lost.