Presentation and definition of the crypto-currency Stellar Lumens (XLM)
- Name of the crypto-currency : Stellar Lumens
- Acronym : XLM
- Where to buy Stellar Lumens ? Binance, Bitbay
- Date of creation : 2014
- White paper of Stellar Lumens
- Web Site Stellar Lumens
The network Stellar
Stellar is a platform for decentralized intended to put in place various financial applications. It is managed by Stellar.org that is a non-profit organization. Stellar offers its users its own independent stock exchange for trading all types of assets and currencies. This open-source project allows for speedy payments, and validated in 2 to 5 seconds and for the operating costs very low. Up to 1000 operations per second can be handled by the network Stellar.
The protocol Stellar and Lumina
The protocol to Stellar does not include blasting to create tokens, which means that all coins already exist at the start of the network. The Lumen is the crypto-currency associated with the network Stellar. It is used to pay the costs of financial transactions and aid to ensure the authenticity of the accounts : each account must ensure that you have at least 20 units to stay active.
The distribution of tokens
Stellar.org determined by a circuit-specific distribution of its tokens :
- 50% interested persons, on request, to distribute in small quantities to the largest possible number
- 25% to non-profit organizations
- 20% for people who already own Bitcoins and XRP.
- 5% Stellar.org holds for specific operations