What are the differences between Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC) and Ethereum (ETH) ?
The Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum are the three major currencies cryptographic. However, if they have many things in common, they each have their own peculiarities. So we will see what the differences are between these three crypto-currencies.
The differences between the Bitcoin and the Litecoin
These are the two currencies that look the most. This is not surprising, given the fact that the Litecoin is heavily inspired by the technology of Bitcoin. However, three criteria that differentiate them :
- The first of them the length of time required to generate a block. It takes 10 minutes to generate a block Bitcoin, while only 2.5 minutes are required on Litecoin. That fact that the transactions are performed more quickly on Litecoin.
- Another major difference between these two currencies cryptographic is the number of parts that will be available to term. In fact, a total of 21 million Bitcoins will be put on the market, compared to 84 million Litecoins.
- The price is the last notable difference between the two. In fact, the Bitcoin is much more expensive than Litecoin, but also more stable on the markets. That fact that the Litecoin is a crypto-currency more affordable, but the largest security of the Bitcoin, in fact, a crypto-currency much more popular.
The differences between the Bitcoin and Ethereum
Ethereum and Bitcoin are two crypto-currencies with several points in common, but especially large differences. So, here are main of them :
- Between Bitcoin and Ethereum, the main difference is the length of time it takes to generate a block. Whereas Bitcoin takes 10 minutes to do so, Ethereum is much faster since it needs only 12 seconds.
- The algorithm used by the two crypto-currencies is different. In addition, Ethereum is much more flexible and leaves more options to its users. In summary, using the Ethereum, we can do anything that you can do with Bitcoin, but we can also do other things.
- Finally, Ethereum is much more oriented towards technology, in which the ether is only one component whereas the Bitcoin have created a stable currency that is primarily designed to make the exchange.
The differences between Litecoin, and Ethereum
In regards to Litecoin, and Ethereum, it can be noted that the differences are similar to those between Ethereum and Bitcoin. However, we can notice some important differences between the two :
- it takes less time to generate a block with the Ethereum with the Litecoin. However, the difference is less than between Bitcoin and Ethereum ;
- If the Litecoin was once crypto-currencies are the most profitable for the miners, it is currently exceeded by the Ethereum.
What you must remember
- Each of these three crypto-currencies has its own advantages and peculiarities.
- However, Bitcoin is the crypto-currency is the most popular, despite the versatility of the Ethereum and the attractiveness of the Litecoin. It should, in particular, to its very high stability.